Affordable Housing Investment Summit that’s happening on 26-27 June, 2019 at Kenya, Nairobi under the endorsement of State Department of Housing & Urban Development, Kenya aims to address challenges and promote meaningful dialogue among key stakeholders. The summit will host 300 plus delegates, with an expert Led Speaker Panel, extensive knowledge sharing sessions and panel discussions, product showcase that will be part of the event.
Africa is expected to have the largest workforce in the world by 2040, which means it is essential for them to foster and sustain high economic growth while also improving the housing sector.
One of the most common issues the African markets are facing is a serious crunch of affordable homes which is in turn affecting the economy. However, policy makers and the Government are focusing on tackling the issue by trying to bridge the gap across the continent.
In one such attempt, the Affordable Housing Investment Summit, an initiative by GBB, is aimed at creating a fruitful dialogue among key stakeholders which provides a platform to exchange and promote ideas in affordable housing research, policy and practice and help guide Africa’s future approach to affordable housing sector.
Here’s a quick breakdown of why you must attend the AHIS Event:
1. Key Highlights of the Summit:
The Summit focuses on analysing the best practices in the housing projects across Africa to overcome the challenges in providing affordable housing while also addressing the 7 Key factors that Affect Affordability in Africa.
2. Be a Part of the Bigger Crew:
With over 200 plus delegates, the AHIS will host government representatives, project owners, solution providers, private equity funds, Investors, Financial Consultants, Developers REITs, who will be a part of the event. You don’t want to miss being at the event if you’re one of them.
3. Visionaries Leading the Advisory Board:
From the vision of executing the idea of affordable homes to addressing the challenges, exploring the opportunities and experiences in affordable housing provisions, an expert led panel of of advisory board that includes key industry thought leaders and speakers – will be a part of the summit.
Watch out for insightful keynote sessions by our advisory board:
• James Macharia, Cabinet Secretary, Ministry of Transport, Infrastructure, Housing & Urban Development, Kenya.
• Charles Hinga Mwaura, Principal Secretary, State Department of Housing & Urabn Development Kenya.
• Claudio Acioly, Head– Capacity Building, Senior Housing Expert UN Habitat.
• Thierno Habib Hann, Senior Housing Finance Regional Lead, International Finance Corporation.
• Ravi Kohli, Founder & Managing Director, Karibu Homes. Kenya.
• Andrew Chimphonda, Managing Director, Shelter Afrique.
4. Industry Insights and latest trends from the Speakers:
Get the latest industry insights as some of the renowned speakers and the most innovative minds come together to throw light on current and future market trends in affordable housing.
Some of our Featured Speakers Include:
• Hussam Raouf, Managing Director, Mont Hill Consultancy.
• Madhur Ramrakha, Director, Jenga Ventures Ltd.
• Ezekiel Macharia, Chief Actuary & MD, Kenbright Holdings Limited.
• Senator Sylvia Mueni Kasanga, Founder And Managing Director, Sycum Solutions Company Ltd.
• Seeta Shah, Investment Manager, Global Property Advice.
5. Connect and Network
At AHIS, you will not only have extensive knowledge exchange, but also find endless opportunities to network, collaborate and build stronger business relationships. You’ll make connections that go well beyond the summit with exclusive B2B meetings between developers and investors that facilitates in compelling business opportunities.
Mark Your Calendar
AHIS will kick off on June 26 and end on June 27, 2019 at Radisson Blu, Nairobi , Kenya.
Sign up and REGISTER NOW
For more information on AHIS click here.