As of April 2017, BMI Coverland forms part of the BMI Group, a Standard Industries company. The BMI Group is one of the largest manufacturers of flat and pitched roofing and waterproofing solutions throughout Europe. From February 2019, the BMI Icopal brand is now officially available to the South African waterproofing community.
BMI Icopal brings innovations such as the NOx-Active bitumen waterproofing membranes, which absorbs nitrogen oxide (NOx) and thereby depollutes the air we breathe. In addition, their metal-faced bitumen membrane range extends the longevity of the bitumen membrane through the application of an embossed thermo-stable attached metal foil.
Original product offering
The initial BMI Icopal product offering includes Paraplast, a high-performance range of atatic polypropylene (APP) modified bitumen torch-on membranes. The bitumen grade used to produce the Paraplast waterproofing range has good ultraviolet (UV) resistance, elasticity, flexibility and heat resistance, making the range the contractor’s choice.
• This torch-on range comprises of a 3mm APP torch-on membrane, a 4mm APP torch-on waterproofing membrane and a 4mm APP granular slate (grey) torch-on membrane.
• The Paraplast range of APP bitumen membranes is complimented with a bitumen surface primer to enhance bonding onto substrates and a high-quality silver topcoat that has a solar reflectance index (SRI) of 80.
• The waterproofing ranges are introduced at very competitive pricing and stock is available immediately.
The rest of their multi-product portfolio will be rolled out over the next year and includes, but is not limited to:
• The BMI EverGuard range of TPO fleeced and non-fleeced membranes is designed with durability, robustness and high-endurance properties in mind.
• BMI Sealoflex liquid waterproofing solutions form a seamless permanently elastic, vapour-permeable membrane that is a tear-resistant and durable solution for new and existing commercial areas.
• Blue Roof Waterproof systems are ideal for the temporary retention of rainwater on rooftops. It is particularly useful in areas of rain-scarcity.
You can now purchase a complete building waterproofing solution from one supplier, BMI Icopal. With 36 production facilities globally manufacturing with state-of-the-art machinery, you’re guaranteed of the highest quality products that are fit for purpose. It also offers a standard ten-year waterproofing warranty on all its product solutions, ensuring that they are manufactured fit for purpose.
For more technical articles, sign up for our newsletter: http://www.buildinganddecor.co.za/register/.
Subscribe to our free magazine on www.freemagazines.co.za.
Or join other discussions on http://www.facebook.com/buildinganddecor, http://www.twitter.com/buildingdecor, https://www.instagram.com/buildinganddecor/ and https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/10172797/