The vintage and antique industry offers a sustainable way to add décor elements to a building, reduce waste and save natural resources.
Build Antique, a family-owned business based on the Bottelary Road between Kuils River and Stellenbosch, is just the right place to source doors and windows that have not only stood the test of time, but offer unique and distinctive pieces for both new and refurbishment projects.
Using vintage building materials embraces craftmanship & the circular economy.
Build Antique offer a beautiful selection of vintage building materials from a bygone era. Many of these items were sourced decades ago rather than letting them disappear into landfills. The salvaged materials are a way to contribute to building or renovating in an eco-friendly way, embracing the benefits of zero waste and the circular economy.
The vast collection of unique, reclaimed building materials includes:
- A selection of more than four hundred doors ranging from sought-after teak to more economical meranti.
- Flagship pieces include two solid antique doors with hand carved panels done by a master woodcarver.
- A large variety of windows include Burmese teak and iroca, and magnificent, vintage arched teak and sash windows.
- Reclaimed cast iron pieces include gates, poles and brackets.
- Magnificent, old hardwood beams, including six-metre long yellowwood beams, and reclaimed oregan beams.
Stained glass transom and sidelight windows add architectural interest and light.
Build Antique’s brother and sister duo of Antonio and Giovanna Gerbi took the business over from their late brother, Saverio. They focus on providing a personalised service to ensure clients get the right fit. Build Antique have a workshop where items can be modified to client specifications, and items can be shipped countrywide with insurance, through a trusted courier company.
Issue: Creating unique spaces that repurpose materials and reduce CO2 emissions in the built environment.
Solution: Reclaimed and repurposed vintage building materials embrace the circular economy.
For more information, contact Build Antique:
Tel: +27 21 906 2846 or Giovanna 083 454 6569 or Antonio 083 700 3339