Residents in and around Palm Ridge, Katlehong and Sky City can soon expect to visit an exciting new retail venture in the south of Johannesburg. GMI Property Group (GMI), in association with Cosmopolitan Projects, is pleased to announce the opening of Sky City Mall.
The retail site, located at the intersection of the R550 (Heidelberg Road) and the K91 to Vereeniging, forms part of the mega R10 billion retail and residential development. A total of 13 000 future households are currently being developed. A further 8 000 houses will be developed by the Ekurhuleni City Council and private developers. The entire development will exist of 16 schools as well as a Phase 1 convenience centre of 12 500m², growing into a regional centre of 32 000m² soon.
Future phases to the mall will bring it to a total of 44 000m². A further 10 365m² is available for Big Box retail, food courts and a gym. A site has also been earmarked for a private hospital.
The centre will service 182 000 people in the catchment area, providing a variety of substantial retail options to customers. Glass and wooden panels allow for an ample amount of natural light within the mall, whilst the furniture and tile finishes are stylish and modern. All these design features have been carefully considered to enhance the contemporary architecture of the centre. The food court provides a magnificent view over the striking water fountain, creating an inviting and friendly environment for the community to enjoy.
More about ProLok
- ProLok (broad-shoulder, concealed-fix clipping) is a non-pierced roofing product that can be manufactured in galvanised and colour-coated materials in a thickness ranging from 0,47mm to 0,60mm.
- The product can be used in applications with a roof slope as low as 2°.
- Thermal expansion on long-length sheets is accommodated with the clipping system.
- The 700mm covering width allows for faster erection on buildings.
- ProLok can be factory- or on-site bull-nosed and even curved to specification.
Concealed-fix profile offers numerous benefits
The ProLok 700 concealed-fix metal roof sheeting system is ideal for commercial and industrial roofing applications. Its deep ribs further form a strong and stiff profile with an excellent water-carrying capacity, even on roof slopes as low as 2°, and offer optimum wind-load resistance.
But what really sets it apart from other concealed-fix metal roof sheeting profiles, is that Pro Roof’s ProLok 700 was independently tested according to SANS 10237-2014. The ultimate limit state of the sheeting system was found to be 1,95kPa/1,3~1,5kPa, and as such they deal with proven performance statistics.
Clipping system makes its mark
Using the patented ProLok 700 clip, consisting of a galvanised, high-tensile steel base material with TECHNYL® C 216C V30 (a type of Nylon 6,6) extruded anchor towers, the system accommodates non-abrasive thermal expansion and contraction in the long sheets. The advanced technology of the clips allows for operation at temperatures ranging from -40°C up to 180°C, with a life expectancy exceeding that of the roof sheet.
The ProLok 700 clip also allows for a slight lateral movement assisting the installer with alignment on wood trusses that are not 100% level due to wood twist. This makes the ProLok 700 system a perfect match, even for smaller residential projects.
- Selecting the correct sheeting material, quality fasteners and steadfast installation procedures will ensure a long-lasting, durable and leak-free roof.
- From a sheeting point of view, concealed-fix ProLok 700 was the obvious choice. They also used a good-quality 75mm blanket insulation with excellent fire-rating values that control the temperature within shops, which saves a tremendous amount of electricity.
Pro Roof Steel and Tube
Tel: 012 542 7554