Servicing the flooring industry for 52 years in South Africa is no mean feat.
Nouwens Carpets have significant experience in producing woven and tufted broadloom carpets as well as carpet tiles – from the raw fibre to the finished product. For this they use pure new wool, as well as a wide range of synthetics in their production processes in order to meet the various consumer demands in terms of style, performance and price.
Since the early days, when Nouwens Carpets produced thousands of square metres of heavy-duty karakul carpets for Eskom’s Head Office at Megawatt Park, the company has covered hundreds and thousands of square metres of commercial floor space, from hotels to banks, offices to retail shop floors, cinemas to churches.
With this background, Nouwens Carpets recently launched a range of attractive, high-performance, off-the-shelf alternatives for commercial applications. This particular collection includes broadloom and loose-lay carpet tiles which compare with the best – both locally produced and imported.
An easily identifiable asset that has contributed to the accomplishments of Nouwens Carpets is its vertical mill, established in Harrismith by Cornelis Nouwens in 1962. Today, the company is still managed and run by a member of the Nouwens family. Furthermore, the family traditions of craftsmanship and quality over the years, are contributing factors to the company and the brand’s ongoing success.
Nouwens Carpets’ creativity and investment in leading-edge technology have made them innovative market leaders not only in product style, but also in offering the industry extremely affordable carpet solutions.
Given the above, the following points highlight why Nouwens Carpets believe they are a popular choice for architects and specifiers:
• The company ensures peace of mind in terms of product quality, reliability, valued customer relationships with quality advice and service.
• Nouwens Carpets’ commercial carpet styles are competitively priced without compromising on quality.
• Every collection and product range carries the SABS mark of quality as well as manufacturer’s quality and wear guarantees.
• Nouwens Carpets are locally produced with an exceptionally high percentage of local content – a very important focus for the company.
• In turn, Nouwens Carpets invests in the upliftment of the local community with far-reaching feeding and education projects.
• In addition, the company focuses on environmentally friendly production processes, with all of its commercial ranges approved by The Green Building Council of SA.
Nouwens Carpets has grown significantly over the years into a company that has a solid reputation within the flooring industry both locally and abroad. Its passion for providing quality products and offering memorable client service experiences has ensured that the company has a foundation that could possibly be shaken a little, but never damaged or destroyed.
Name: Nouwens Carpets (Pty) Ltd
Category (floorcovering/s services): Domestic and commercial broadloom carpets and carpet tiles – both woven and tufted.
Location: Vertical mill manufacturing plant in Harrismith – with sales offices in Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban.
Contact Details: Head Office – Tel (058) 622 1101, www.nouwenscarpets.co.za