New range of tile adhesives specifically caters for different tile types and sizes.
Through detailed research, focus on innovation and the help of its Centre of Excellence for Tile Adhesives in Aveiro, Portugal, Weber has re-defined its range of tile adhesives.
Central to the development of the new range is Weber’s desire to provide the tiling industry with tile adhesives that specifically cater firstly for Ceramic tiles and secondly for Porcelain tiles. The new range also takes into account different tile sizes.
Ceramic and Porcelain tiles are decidedly different in that the former is usually more porous. Ceramic tiles also have a lower density and a higher water absorption rate than their Porcelain counterparts, and generally offer a better mechanical grip due to a rougher back. In most instances, Ceramic tiles are subject to a higher rate of irreversible moisture expansion than Porcelain tiles and they also have a greater rate of thermal expansion and contraction.
In view of these differences, tile adhesives need to offer properties specific to the type of tile being installed as well as cater for the tile’s movement and related stress. Essentially, the larger the tile, the greater the physical change will be in the tile’s dimension, and therefore the stronger the tile adhesive will need to be.
To provide Contractors and Home Owners with a cost-effective and functionally efficient range, Weber has introduced four basic tile adhesives, namely:
• Tylon Ceramic S – a cement-based tile adhesive for small format ceramic tiles (≤ 420 x 420mm).
• Tylon Ceramic L – a cement-based tile adhesive for large format ceramic tiles (˃ 420 x 420mm).
• Tylon Porcelain S – a cement-based tile adhesive for all small format porcelain tiles (≤ 600 x 600mm).
• Tylon Porcelain L – a high-strength, cement-based tile adhesive for large format porcelain tiles (˃ 600 x 600mm).
As tiles are not confined to ceramic and porcelain materials only, Weber has also included tile adhesives to cater for natural stone, as well as specific site conditions and requirements such as early setting, tiling on sub-floors that are subject to excessive movement and Mosaic.
• Tylon Quick Set 6 – a high-strength, fast-setting (six hour) cement-based tile adhesive for all Ceramic, Porcelain, Brick and Clay tiles.
• Tylon Porcelain Rapid 12 – a high-strength, rapid setting cement-based tile adhesive for Porcelain tiles.
• Tylon Ultra-Flex – a highly deformable, fast setting, high-strength cement-based tile adhesive for all types of tiles and problem substrates.
• Tylon Mosaic-Fix – a White tile adhesive and grout for Mosaic tiles of all types and sizes.
• Tylon White – a white cement-based, fast-setting, deformable tile adhesive for all Marble porous, light natural stone and porcelain tiles.
• Tylon Ceramic White – an economic white adhesive for all Ceramic tiles.
Tel: 012 657 2800