a.b.e has over the years grown in both size and diversity to become a major supplier of specialised construction products to the building, civil engineering and building maintenance industries supply products directly to customers through its branch network as well as through builders’ merchants and hardware stores, with manufacturing plants in Johannerburg (Boksburg) and Durban (Isipingo)
Seven new environmentally-friendly waterproofing products were launched on the South African market recently by a.b.e. Construction Chemicals (part of the Chryso Southern Africa Group), and have created a strong local interest.
The seven new products are:
- abeproof acrylic primer – a water-based acrylic primer, sealer and bonding agent to prepare surfaces prior to the application of a.b.e. waterproofing membranes and wall-coating systems. The non-toxic, relatively dust-free primer can be used to increase abrasion resistance of the substrate, and to act as bonding agent to old torched membranes, as well as bitumen-impregnated substrates and membranes prior to receiving a rejuvenating waterproof coating. The product eliminates the removal and disposal of the existing bitumen membrane.
- abeproof anti-root – a liquid polyurethane material with a specially formulated root-resistant additive which prevents waterproofing membranes from being perforated by vegetation.
- abeproof thermo-shield – a heat-shielding, water-based waterproofing membrane that uses advanced insulation technology to lower the interior temperature of buildings. The non-toxic coating can be applied to walls and roofs of commercial and residential buildings.
- abeproof PU ECO – a high-performance, eco-friendly liquid waterproofing membrane based on modified polyurethane dispersion (PUD) that is ideal for a wide variety of waterproofing applications including flat roofs, balconies and decks. The product is free of tar, bitumen, solvents and other hazardous substances.
- abeproof acrylic – a premixed five-layer fabric-reinforced system designed to overcome unevenness on roof surfaces through the building up of waterproofing membranes. Available in various colours, the product is suitable for waterproofing flat concrete roofs in areas with light foot traffic.
- matryx K11 – a cementitious waterproofing system that protects and seals concrete structures through crystallisation. The product’s active chemicals react with moisture in concrete to form crystals in the pores and capillary tracts, thereby sealing the structure against liquid penetration. Matryx K11 also provides corrosion protection against chloride ingress and carbonation.
- duraproof deckflex system – a highly flexible, multi-layered reinforced waterproofing system consisting of a dual component, high adhesion base and top coat with reinforcement netting. The dustless product is ideal for waterproofing flat concrete roofs and can be directly tiled onto without the need for additional screeding and slip sheets.
a.b.e. Construction Chemicals
Tel: 011 306 9000
Fax: 011 306 9100