Construction on the second phase of Mouton Citrus began in early 2018.
The structure of the facility was a key feature when it came to the design needs. The irregular angles of the roof and walls give a monolithic impression, which ties in nicely with the surrounding landscape which is that of a rock setting.
Natural daylighting was introduced through polycarbonate panels, which were installed at higher levels across all roof ridges. These panels drop down along the eastern and western facades allowing light in.
The main packing hall, a large open space, resulted in the introduction of deep steel girders for carrying the large span roof over.
Architect: Simon Mountford – Kube architecture
Cladding product specification
Clean COLORBOND® AZ150 Eclipse Matt in Nu-Rib Profile offer the following benefits
• Higher corrosion resistance with ZINCALUME® coated steel substrate
• Thermatech® technology incorporated into the paint system to reflect the sun’s heat, thus a cooler surface temperature
• Advanced primer technology to resist paint delamination
• Clean technology to prevent tropical staining
• Lower gloss (MATT) to address glare issues
Roof product specification
ZINCALUME® AZ150 in Klip-Tite profile was specified.
• ZINCALUME® is the brand name of BlueScope’s premium metallic coated steel product.
• BlueScope is the pioneer in introducing aluminium/zinc alloy coating technology.
• ZINCALUME® steel now has more than 40 years of proven field performance around the world.
• ZINCALUME® steel has provided more than 10 million tonnes of roofing and wall cladding since 1976
• With a minimum coating mass of 150g/m² (AZ150) – proven by triple spot test, ZINCALUME® steel provides corrosion resistance up to 4 times the life of galvanized steel with a similar coating thickness
ZINCALUME®& COLORBOND® steel is backed by a BlueScope warranty*
*Warranty terms and conditions apply
The end result is a successful project relying on efficient and effective products for long term performance.