There are a number of factors to consider when specifying flooring for schools. Not only does it need to withstand the heavy foot traffic of learners, it also has to be easy to maintain and provide a safe, healthy and comfortable environment for students and staff.
Traviata Flooring’s LVT ranges have been installed at a number of South African schools because of their ability to meet all the requirements. Both the Traviloc interlocking and the Elemental glued down ranges have a 0,55mm wear layer which will take all the punishment meted out at schools. They are warm and comfortable underfoot and are easy to maintain.
The company’s vinyl flooring meets health and safety requirements and qualifies as “Floor Score” certified in terms of indoor air quality suitable for school classrooms. The flooring contains no Phthalates, Polybrominated Biphenyls (PBB’s) or heavy metals. All Traviata vinyl flooring also qualifies in terms of slip resistance in both wet and dry conditions.
Some recent local installation examples include the following:
• King Edward Preparatory School in Johannesburg where Traviloc IsoCore has been installed in classrooms.
• Saint Benedicts School in Bedfordview where Traviloc 5.0 has been fitted in the Dormitory rooms.
• Glenwood High School in Durban where Traviloc 5.0 has been installed in the Library and Administration offices.
• Saheti School in Bedfordview where Traviloc 5.0 is installed in the multi-purpose hall which hosts everything from exams to Karate classes.
• The International School in Lusaka where Elemental glued down vinyl has been used throughout.
Specifiers can opt for unique-looking and interesting flooring for school projects. Traviata offers traditional wood look planks, stone and masonry tile finishes, patterned flooring, solid colours and even abstracts. These ranges offer more options than ever before when combining functionality and modern good looks.
For more information, contact Traviata on Tel: +27 (11) 453 0296 or via www.traviata.co.za.