For those in the flooring installation or industrial flooring construction industries, finding new products that reduce labour cost, simplify installation or reduce overall structural weight is an ongoing quest.
Roofing specialist, MiTek, is introducing one such solution to the South African market – the revolutionary product called Posi-Strut. This system has been very successful for MiTek around the world and is being introduced by MiTek in close consultation with industry’s influencers to determine the viability of the system for the South Africa Market.
“We have received a lot of interest for Posi-Strut in SA to date. The first consignment of Posi-Strut press machinery arrives in the country towards the end of October 2020 with implementation planned for the first half of 2021. A key focus is to investigate which of the two Posi applications, Posi-Joist (flooring) or Posi-Rafter (roofing), will be best suited to the local market,” comments Hennie Viljoen, Marketing Manager, EMEA Residential.
The advantages of the Posi-Strut Floor Truss system simply cannot be ignored as it offers strength, versatility, simplicity and efficiency. Posi-Strut
• Combines the lightness of timber with the strength of steel.
• Spans greater distances and enjoys more design freedom.
• Allows for a variety of internal room layouts through their clear spanning capabilities.
• Provides easy access for the installation and maintenance of services.
• Energy code requirements makes it ideal because it offers more availability to run MEP systems through the floor truss, potentially reducing the need for soffits and increasing room heights.
• Is able to span greater distances than I-joists and its open web design allow for significant cost savings.
• MEP installation is simpler, reducing you time and costs.
• Offers higher quality, because they are manufactured in a controlled environment and engineered to the client’s exact specifications.
Overall building costs are also dramatically reduced because fewer load-bearing interior walls are required and thanks to the system’s open web, construction services and utilities can easily be installed through the joints, without cutting, drilling or routing.
For more information, contact Mitek:
Tel: +27 (11) 237 8700
Knowledge is power! Sign up for our newsletter: https://www.buildinganddecor.co.za/register/
Subscribe to our free magazine on http://tiny.cc/floorsfreemag or join other discussions on http://www.facebook.com/buildinganddecor, http://www.twitter.com/buildingdecor and https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/10172797/