Renowned American interior designer Lisa Garriss, who is revered for her affinity for luxury and attention to detail, recently turned five penthouse apartments, offering owners breath-taking views of the City of Angels, into equally magnificent and uniquely designed masterpieces.
Each of the Los Angeles Penthouse apartments was given its own personality and with opulent luxury in mind, only the best furnishings were curated. The flooring for each of the 750 square metre apartments set the tone of the overall design and anchored each of the apartment’s interior approach.
Italian Stone flooring from Grassi Pietre Vicenza Stone’s, The Palladio Stone collection, emerges with its many nuances throughout the Penthouse Collection. While visiting the Grassi Pietre quarries, the designer personally selected the stone for its refined quality.
Conceived with specific personalities in mind, the light delicate and neutral colours of the Palladio Stone collection used in Grigio Argento, Bianco Avorio, Pearl of the Berici and Grigio Alpi in each of the residences, created an overall look of flawless perfection.
Using a unique method of laying the stone in alternating rows of fixed-width slabs, the variable lengths deliver a dynamic effect of movement in the flooring. Using the stone in this manner is not only aesthetically dramatic, but it also minimises product waste and cost.
The completed Penthouse Collection reveals five breathtakingly beautiful residences, filled with ingenious design details. Each of the apartments has been aptly named, reflecting its individuality and style. The respective specifications are below:
• THE MOGUL – on the 18th floor and over 760sqm, offers 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and 2 guest washrooms. The apartment, with an intriguing and enigmatic look, is full of cleverly inserted details, perfectly complementing the overall transformation.
• THE ENTERTAINER – situated on the 19th floor is 760 sqm and features 3 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and 2 service bathrooms, making up an apartment with wide, open and bright spaces, playing on colour details in contrast with clarity of the walls and floors.
• THE COLLECTOR – situated on the 20th floor is 760 sqm and features 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, 2 service bathrooms and has formal tone with a minimalistic-chic effect which takes full advantage of the shades of grey.
• THE MUSICIAN – situated on the 21st floor is 760 sqm and offers 3 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and 2 toilets with a flair for the musical.
• THE PRODUCER – situated on the 22nd floor is 740 sqm and offers 3 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, 2 service bathrooms.
For more information, visit www.grassipietre.it
Photo credits: Jim Bartsch photographer
For more international projects like these, subscribe to our free magazine on http://tiny.cc/floorsfreemag
Sign up for our newsletter: https://www.buildinganddecor.co.za/register/ or join other discussions on http://www.facebook.com/buildinganddecor, http://www.twitter.com/buildingdecor and https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/10172797/