Situated amongst a score of historic buildings and adjacent to the courtyard of St Bartholomew’s Hospital, founded in 1123, is the new Maggie’s Centre Barts, a care centre offering free physical and emotional support for cancer patients and their families, designed by Steven Holl Architects in partnership with jmarchitects.

Full thanks and acknowledgement are given to Steven Holl Architects for the information and Iwan Baan for the images.