The ADEO GROUP announced the opening of their fourth LEROY MERLIN store in Fourways, Gauteng, conveniently situated opposite the newly refurbished Fourways Mall. The store boasts a new layout and an extended range of products aimed at the enthusiastic South African DIY market.
“From the day of opening and during the weekend the store welcomed over 5 000 customers,” says Claudia Krishna, LEROY MERLIN Brand and Customer Experience Leader.
“We were cautiously optimistic about the turnout as we are still in the midst of a pandemic and we were uncertain if customers would come out in their numbers.” In order to split the risk, DIY retailer LEROY MERLIN ensured the same promotions were available online as well as in the rest of their stores.
DIY helps Covid-fatigue
LEROY MERLIN specialises in the widest selection of construction, hardware, kitchen, bathroom, home decor and garden products, 65% of which are locally sourced. Cédric Sennepin, CEO of LEROY MERLIN South Africa says, “While necessity may be driving many home-based DIY projects such as revamping spaces to accommodate home offices, kids studying remotely, socially distanced backyards or personal gyms/studios etc., DIY can also be a healthy way to cope with alleviating some of the stresses of the pandemic.”
South African DIY first
LEROY MERLIN ensures that the customer experience is exciting, comfortable and unique. Features of the new store include:
• A Drive-Thru Building Yard for a swift in-and-out experience when purchasing construction material.
• A second-hand market called “Thrift Your Home Market” where customers can add to their home decor, lighting, gardening and tool collection by purchasing pre-loved items from other Leroy Merlin customers, with no commission being charged by the store.
• Mugg & Bean on the Go, known for their seasonally inspired menus, generous portions and ethically sourced coffee, housed inside the 12 000m² retailer.
• A scan, pay and go option on the LEROY MERLIN mobile app, eliminating in-store queues.
• Lockers set up for customers to charge their mobile devices while they browse the store.
• Proudly local small business partnerships with local suppliers:
o At Zviribho Repair Centre, customers can have their tools repaired within the store.
o At Kandua – South Africa’s largest online home services marketplace – customers can receive confidential assistance when hiring vetted contractors for their projects.
• Other instore services include Coastal Hire for tool rental, Trailer Boys if you would like to get your project started as soon as possible and JTSI for key cutting services.
• The Fourways store is also the first of the Leroy Merlin stores to partner with the in-store florist, Electric Butterfly Flowers, that will take care of your last-minute gifting needs.
People at heart
“People are at the heart of the Company: customers, potential customers and, of course, our teams throughout the organisation. As we promised when we launched in SA, we are here to grow the market, to create employment, to build opportunities and I am happy to say that we have done so with partnerships with local small businesses and the employment of one thousand staff,” says Cédric.
In addition to their permanent staff complement, LEROY MERLIN currently employs over 44 students across its four stores and headquarters with the aim of creating future opportunities for those who would otherwise potentially be unemployed when they complete their studies.
Inspiring the DIY enthusiast
LEROY MERLIN aims to motivate customers as they embark on their DIY Journey. “We are all about inspirational display areas that are a combination of classic chic, timeless elegance and on-trend design. We also hold workshops to educate and empower our customers in the exciting field of DIY, creating a community of like-minded individuals with LEROY MERLIN at the heart,” comments Claudia Krishna, Brand and Customer Experience Leader.
“Our ranges in the three top performing departments are unlike anything available on the market. We can clearly see that the South African consumers were eagerly awaiting an alternative to what is currently available at competitors,” Claudia noted.
LEROY MERLIN encourages DIY enthusiasts in the surrounding community to become involved by attending the daily in-store workshops to upskill on DIY techniques and build their own projects.
Trading hours are:
• Weekdays: 07h00 to 18h00
• Saturdays: 08h00 to 18h00
• Sundays and public holidays: 09h00 to 16h00
If you are in the area, visit them at the Corner of Fourways Boulevard & Roos Street, Witkoppen, Sandton, 2068. Although the 4 stores are currently only situated in Johannesburg, shopping online is quick and convenient at www.leroymerlin.co.za and the best part is that they deliver country-wide.
For more information, contact LEROY MERLIN:
Tel: 27 10 493 8000
Be in the know! Don’t get left behind!
Subscribe to our free magazine on http://tiny.cc/floorsfreemag
Sign up for our newsletter: https://www.buildinganddecor.co.za/register/ or join other discussions like these on http://www.facebook.com/buildinganddecor, http://www.twitter.com/buildingdecor and https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/10172797/