The demand for high performing industrial flooring has escalated significantly since the onset of the Covid pandemic, emphasising the need for flooring that promotes health, hygiene and overall wellness within various sectors of the industry.
a.b.e., part of the Chryso Southern Africa Group, is the sole South African distributor for Germany’s Voelkel Industrie Produkte (VIP), which has among its latest developments the revolutionary VIP QuickFloor flooring system – an extremely fast curing system suitable for the most demanding and time-sensitive applications.
The VIP QuickFloor system has been specifically designed for:
• Hospital flooring which calls for exceptionally demanding specifications for safety and hygiene. Floors play a major role in providing a germ-free environment. Applications range from emergency to examination rooms, nurses’ stations and waiting and reception areas.
• Food and beverage plants where floor coatings that are hygienic, robust and anti-slip are essential. These areas demand specifically formulated flooring to withstand the extremes of manufacturing environments including assembly areas, forklift aisles and loading docks. VIP QuickFloor can withstand heavy loads, impacts, forklift traffic and exposure to liquids and chemicals.
• Retail shops as they also require attractive, durable and easy-to-clean flooring systems – and invariably need fast installation. In many cases, the VIP QuickFloor system can be installed overnight, and curing is so fast that business can start again the next day, resulting in a significant saving in time and money for the proprietor or lessee.
• Public amenities where there is a strong need for hygienic and durable flooring systems. The VIP QuickFloor system can be used in seating areas and concourses, the concession areas in stadiums and public auditoriums, kitchens, restrooms and locker rooms. In these areas, the optional slip-resistant surface finish offered by QuickFloor flooring is a preferred choice.
The flooring system can also be used as a clear sealer coat on polished concrete, as a single colour flooring system or in a colourful decorative application incorporating coloured quartz aggregates or coloured paint flakes.
Other benefits include:
• Rapid application with squeegee or roller.
• Tack-free in as little as 45 minutes.
• Excellent colour and gloss retention – no “yellowing” of the floors.
• High abrasion and impact resistance.
• Not subject to “hot tyre peel” which can lift coatings from concrete substrates.
• High tensile strength and elongation properties.
• Excellent resistance to solvents and general chemicals.
• Multiple design options.
The VIP QuickFloor system has been used in several local and international projects such as the air conditioning rooms in the new Discovery head office building in Johannesburg, retail stores in Dubai, the floors of buses converted into mobile dental offices as well as a police station in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
For more information, contact a.b.e. Construction Chemicals:
Tel: +27 11 306 9007
Click here to view a video illustrating the extremely quick curing application.
Knowledge is power! Sign up for our newsletter: https://www.buildinganddecor.co.za/register/
Subscribe to our free magazine on http://tiny.cc/floorsfreemag or join other discussions on http://www.facebook.com/buildinganddecor, http://www.twitter.com/buildingdecor and https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/10172797/