The Thermal Insulation Products & Systems Association SA (TIPSASA), the national body representing the thermal insulation industry, is pleased to announce the appointment of its new board of directors. The dynamic team is poised to drive innovation, excellence and sustainable growth within the thermal insulation industry in 2024. The newly appointed members bring a wealth of experience and diverse expertise that will play a key role in guiding TIPSASA through its next phase of strategic growth.
The new board of directors comprises of expert professionals with proven track records in the insulation industry. Their collective experience will provide invaluable insights as TIPSASA continues to innovate, expand and meet the evolving needs of its members, the professionals and the consumers.
“We are excited to welcome our new board, a team of accomplished individuals who bring a wealth of experience and insights to TIPSASA,” said Des Schnetler, the newly appointed executive director of TIPSASA. “Their diverse backgrounds and proven leadership in the insulation industry will undoubtedly strengthen our strategic vision and contribute to the continued success of our association.”
The newly appointed board of directors includes:
- Chairperson: Petra Mitchell, executive director of the Corrosion Institute of Southern Africa.
- Vice-chairman: Grant Richardson, sales and business development manager for insulation at Brits Nonwoven.
- Treasurer: Lammie de Beer, managing director of Technopol SA.
- Susan Wutete, an Isover product lead at Saint-Gobain with extensive experience in the structural and mechanical fabrication and industrial insulation services industry.
- Egmont Dennyschen, a SAATCA registered lead auditor with extensive experience in quality assurance and quality control.
- Bryn Doherty, managing director of D&D Roof Insulations.
- Hardus van der Westhuizen, technical specialist at Alfin Business Services.
- Denise Lundall, project officer for energy efficiency at the South African National Energy Development Institute (SANEDI).
Left to right: Des Schnetler, Lammie de Beer, Grant Richardson, Bryn Doherty, Hardus vd Westhuizen, Susan Wutete, Petra Mitchell. (Absent Denise Lundall and Egmont Dennyschen.)
The outgoing board of directors has played a crucial role in TIPSASA’s success, and the association expresses its sincere gratitude for their dedication and contributions.
The chairperson outlined TIPSASA’s primary objectives for the next three years, focussing on promoting the highest standards of professionalism and quality within the industry. The focus areas include but are not limited to:
- Accredited training programmes.
- Third-party inspection.
- Accredited contractor certification.
- Continuous professional development (CPD) training.
A new board of directors looks forward to working closely with the executive team to drive TIPSASA’s strategic initiatives, enhance membership value and build on the association’s legacy of success.
Full acknowledgement and thanks go to…
www.tipsasa.co.za for the information in this article.