Heimtextil is the biggest international trade fair for home and contract textiles in the world. Taking place in Frankfurt am Main from 7 to 10 January 2020, the brand has recently released its theme for the year, along with a snapshot look at the trends to look forward to within the industry, flowing through both 2020 and 2021.
The theme for the 2020 event has been announced as “Where I belong”, and addresses layered identities via the five diverse Heimtextil 2020/21 trends. The theme seeks to emphasise how an identity does not have to be linear, but can contain aspects of a wide array of identities to create something unique and interesting.
The theme also reminds people how it is unrealistic to expect one size to fit all and to embrace exploring the unknown, especially if it means you will create something never seen before in the process.
As mentioned, the brains behind the brand have announced five diverse trends for the 2020 to 2021 period. These trends are:
1. Active Urban.
2. Pure Spiritual.
4. Heritage Lux.
5. Maxium Glam.
1. Active Urban puts value on utilitarian solutions that are also adaptable to various contexts. Smooth surfaces and daring patterns reign supreme, and it is quite obvious that sport is what has inspired the look quite heavily indeed. The human touch is key to making this particular trend work in any given circumstances.
2. Pure Spiritual is dedicated to finding the delicate balance between natural elements and mysticism. The trend boasts natural origins, as well as plant-based materials complemented by neutrally-coloured, man-made materials.
3. Multi-Local embraces global cultural influences. Think of it as a mish-mash of traditional designs with lots of urban flare. There is a strong use of indigenous patterns and a reliance on cultural heritage. Essentially, it is a creative global mix that can be applied to various design principles and used to enhance an array of otherwise predictable design elements, bringing life to a project with global roots.
4. Heritage Lux celebrates rich historical legacies through traditional finishes and textures, but with a modernist edge. Nature’s traces, sensuous surfaces and preserved preciousness help to highlight the key elements of the trend.
5. Maxium Glam seeks to transform the glamourous into the tech-savvy, creating the perfect balance between beauty and functionality. This trend exudes decadence while, at the same time, it strives to show how beauty can be seen as imperfection. Imperfection is, after all, what makes something unique and memorable.
More information will be released regarding these exciting new trends throughout the Heimtextil Trade Fair early next year. Stay tuned!
Full thanks and acknowledgement are given to www.heimtextil.messefrankfurt.com for the information contained in this article.