On 17 March, the Designer, Architect, Specifier (DAS) event took place in Johannesburg. It was the first live event in two years and was a roaring success
Despite the muggy weather, it was a fun-filled, entertaining and enlightening day for the architects, quantity surveyors (QSs) and designers who attended.
The full programme started with three very talented professionals from the multi-award-winning interior design company, Design Partnership in Australia. Roberto Zambri, Callie van der Merwe and Calvin Janse van Rensburg addressed the topic “Design for predictive human behaviour”.
The second session on the programme was “Taking your project above and beyond” by Dewald Nortje MD of BMI Coverland (Pty.) Ltd.
Lisa Reynolds, chief executive officer and executive director of the Green Building Council of South Africa (GBCSA), is committed to growing the green economy within a green recovery. She spoke about the latest changes in SANS 10400 XA – What you need to know.
Tracy Harris, Mapei’s commercial manager, has extensive experience in the construction industry and her speech “From the foundations to the roof Really spoke about solutions relevant to the construction industry today.
Braam de Villiers, an architect and co-founder of Earthworld Architects, spoke about the topic “Innovation is construction: The use of mass timber in buildings – possibilities and challenges”. Earthworld Architects has received more than 30 awards in design, interior design and sustainable practice, both nationally and internationally.
The sixth guest of the day, Georg van Gass, educated the visitors on “Inclusivity favours the city – Jewel City as the benchmark to redeveloping the South African inner city”. Van Gass founded the award-winning GASS Architecture Studios in 2005. GASS Architecture Studios is a bespoke architectural design studio with a predominant focus on urban regeneration, architecture and interior architecture.
“Opportunities for architects, 2022 and beyond” was discussed by Marlene E van Rooyen of Liminal Coaching and Consulting.
Kamal Ranchod addressed the topic “Hyperreal perspicuities: Multi-narrative reconstructions of Egypt”.
Feedback from the attendees include:
- “Thank you for a fantastic day! Well placed & wonderfully presented. Keep up the good work.”
- “Brilliant subjects covered again this year.”
- “Missed having DAS conferences during Covid-19. Thanks!”
- “Good value for money, wonderful event. Thanks so much! Good to connect to technical people representing the products.”
- “Thanks for an awesome day!”
Feedback from sponsors
- Mapei SA: “DAS JHB 2022 was an exceptionally well-run event that left both our marketing and sales teams impressed by both the organisation of the event as well as the calibre of the architects present. Mapei SA is honoured to have participated as a platinum sponsor.”
- FloorworX: “The best event to kickstart our post-Covid-19 events!”
- TAL: “It was a real pleasure to be able to network with customers again, sharing news and discussing new projects for 2022.”
- TIPSASA: “DAS ist gut ja.”
- a.b.e. Construction Chemicals: “DAS event never fails to deliver. a.b.e. thank you for a successful networking day with architects, specifiers and designers.”
A huge thank you to all the sponsors for making this day possible.
Next DAS is in Durban on the 2nd of June 2022 at the AHA Gateway Hotel & Conference Centre.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Be in the know! Don’t get left behind!
Subscribe to our free magazine on http://tiny.cc/fwsubs
Sign up for our newsletter: https://www.buildinganddecor.co.za/ or join other discussions like these on http://www.facebook.com/buildinganddecor, http://www.twitter.com/buildingdecor and https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/10172797/