There are several options for materials to make your very own creative coffee table, but depending on the table size, you can choose pallets or wine crates. If you choose wine crates follow the steps below …
Tutorial via goodshomedesign.com:
What you will need:
- 4 Wooden Crates (of equal size)
- 2 1x2x6 planks of recycled pallet
- 4 Caster Wheels Screws
- Screw Driver
- Stain or Paint your choice
- Satin Polyurethane
How to make it:
- Stain or paint the crates and let them dry.
- Create a frame with planks, bringing them together with nails, as in the photo. Secure the cross in the middle to the frame using L brackets.
This will be the base of your table.
- Arrange the crates and nail them to the frame. Don’t worry about the hole in the middle. We’ll take care of it in the next step.
- Measure the dimensions of the hole, cut two pieces from the planks to fit and screw into place on the sides and bottom.
- Flip the construction upside down and screw a wheel at each corner.
- Fill the hole in the middle with stones, pebbles or a decorative plant and enjoy your brand new coffee table!