International private equity firm Cinven has acquired CHRYSO from LBO France. This new acquisition marks the fourth investment from The Sixth Cinven Fund.
“Over the past three years, our Group has conducted significant transformations and has reinforced its presence in emerging economies by acquiring local businesses with strong potential, and creating some new subsidiaries,” says Thierry Bernard, President and CEO of the CHRYSO Group. The new subsidiaries include:
– Sri Lanka – November 2014: acquisition of Concrete Solutions Technologies, now CHRYSO Lanka Pvt Ltd
– Algeria – November 2014: creation of CHRYSO Hydipco
– Kenya – May 2015: creation of CHRYSO Eastern Africa
– Sweden – July 2015: acquisition of Betongkemi AB, now CHRYSO Nordic AB
– Qatar – December 2015: acquisition of Corrotech Qatar, now CHRYSO Gulf
– The Philippines – April 2016: acquisition of Philprime Global Corporation
– The simultaneous acquisition in France of MODERNE MÉTHODE and BÉTON ACADEMY in November 2016, which has allowed for the creation of a unique offering for decorative concrete. It comprises a certified training centre on the techniques of application, as well as a large and effective range for the New Construction and Restoration markets
“Thanks to its enlarged geographic imprint and its portfolio of leading technologies, CHRYSO has participated to some exceptional realisations and prestigious jobsites across the globe: the new seaside road on Reunion Island, Sultan Yavuz Selim Bridge in Istanbul, the Greater Paris project and many others. We look forward to continuing the development of our ambitious strategy to become a global leader, with the support of Cinven,” concludes Thierry.
For more information, contact Chryso on +27 (11) 395 9700 or via www.za.chryso.com.