Lafarge South Africa manufactures and supplies its cement customers with a uniquely wide range of designed-for-purpose products. The company is renowned for its technical strength as well as producing product and value-added service innovations.
Lafarge’s two primary cement manufacturing facilities are strategically located to serve the economic heart of South Africa, one being the Lichtenburg Cement Plant in the North West Province and the other the Randfontein Grinding Station in south-west Johannesburg.
Lafarge South Africa recently reviewed their product compositions. Roelof Jacobs, Lafarge South Africa’s Integrated Solutions Innovation Manager, comments: “The strength performance of some of the products has been enhanced, providing the end-user with the option to reduce the required quantity for the same performance. Better extendability also enables the addition on-site of supplementary cementitious material such as fly ash or slag.”
The revised product range includes:
• Rapidcem CEM I 52,5R from Lichtenburg – a premium high early strength cement designed to meet the needs of the heavy precast industry
• Fastcast CEM I 52R from Lichtenburg – formulated to meet the high early strength needs of the general precast industry and similar construction environments
• Powercrete plus CEM II/A-L 52,5N from Lichtenburg – a premium technical cement with excellent strength performance, versatility and extendability
• Buildcrete CEM II/B-M (V-L) 42,5N from the Lichtenburg Plant – a versatile general purpose cement offering better all-round performance than standard general purpose products
• Buildcrete CEM IV/B-V 42,5N from Randfontein – a versatile general purpose cement to produce concrete with better impermeability and longer term strength
• Sulf8-Cem CEM IV/B-V 42,5N LH SR from Randfontein – a unique sulphate resistant and low heat cement
• RoadCem CEM II/B-L 32,5N from Lichtenburg – a specialised cementitious roadbinder
• Durabuild from Lichtenburg and Randfontein – formulated in response to today’s need for a reliable, cost-effective, general purpose cement with good all-round performance
For more information, contact Natalie Johnson at Lafarge on +27 (11) 657 1000, email@example.com or via www.lafarge.co.za.
Knowledge is power! Sign up for our newsletter: https://www.buildinganddecor.co.za/register/
Subscribe to our free magazine on http://tiny.cc/floorsfreemag or join other discussions on http://www.facebook.com/buildinganddecor, http://www.twitter.com/buildingdecor and https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/10172797/