Weber’s external cladding system, ETICS, is making its mark in the alternative building technology space.
Weber Saint-Gobain’s exclusive External Thermal Insulation Composite System (ETICS) is making its mark in the alternative building technology market. ETICS is a highly flexible system designed on a project-specific basis, supported on a lightweight steel frame structure.
The system offers architects and structural engineers a broad scope in their designs, while developers are provided with an eco-friendly cladding solution that provides significant energy savings. Main contractors also have the benefit of speed of construction, which could be approximately half that of conventional brickwork. The thermal conductivity R-value of ETICS is 3,1 compared with a typical value for alternative systems of 2,20.
“ETICS is a first for South Africa and has been well received,” says Quinton Peters, ETICS product manager at Weber Saint-Gobain.
Some recent major projects include:
• The Mall of Africa development in Waterfall City, Gauteng – with 22 000m² of ETICS cladding, the largest application to date.
• The Cell C building at Sandton’s Buccleuch Interchange.
• The SANRAL building at the Samrand off-ramp on the N1 freeway.
• The Deloitte building in the eastern suburbs of Pretoria.
• Summit Place just off the Garsfontein off-ramp on the N1 freeway.
• Sasol’s ChemCity project at Sasolburg.
“Alternative building technology is relatively new to the South African market, and we are extremely pleased with the way that the benefits of our ETICS system have been recognised and the system has been incorporated in major projects.”
Tel: 08600 WEBER (93237)