Take note of the following checklist for a reputable contractor to do your concrete retaining block (CRB) block wall installation and the materials utilised on site:
- All materials intended to be utilised in the construction of the wall are to be submitted to the engineer for approval, prior to utilisation.
- DPC density test results to be recorded and approved.
- Placed on-site concrete to be strict to specification.
- Location plan for testing sites to be provided.
- Notify engineer of tests to be conducted for oversight, where required.
- Ensure that CRBs on site are the specified strength and size.
- Follow the installation instructions provided by Terraforce.
- If specified, submit sample and spec-sheet of geogrid/geofabric.
- Install geogrid/geofabric to protrude slightly beyond the blocks for inspection, to be trimmed off after final structural inspection.
- Setting out of foundation and profile of the wall preferably to be undertaken in the presence of the client or his engineer.
- Proposed wall position to be clearly marked and confirmed in writing, with a photo record to avoid unnecessary disputes.
- Always ensure that the supplier of your Terraforce blocks is reputable and a licenced manufacturer, able and willing to provide adequate design back-up, or who can refer you to a qualified engineer.
For more information, contact Terraforce:
Tel: +27 21 465 1907
Knowledge is power! Sign up for our newsletter: https://www.buildinganddecor.co.za/
Subscribe to our free magazine on http://tiny.cc/fwsubs or join other discussions on http://www.facebook.com/buildinganddecor, http://www.twitter.com/buildingdecor and https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/10172797/