The first Cape Town DAS Conference for designers, architects and specifiers, with the topic “Cape Town: The Mother City of the future”, was a hit!
The feedback received from the record number of professionals in the built environment who attended the event was overwhelmingly positive, with the variety in topics and quality of speakers standing out. Chairs had to be carried in twice to accommodate the full venue.
– Relevant, stimulating, well presented, brilliant! – Revel Fox
– Inspirational, engaging, encouraging. – Del Fante Design Studio
– Enjoyed the variety. – SAOTA
– Inspiring speakers and projects, 90% rating. – Horizon Capital
– Great line-up of industry specifics and welcome pack. – Tower Bridge
– Relevant, creative content, 90% rating. – Anton de Kock Architects
– It was well organised, 99% rating. – Northlink
– Thank you for a great event. – A3D Architects
– Thank you for impressive, interesting content. – TV3 Architects and Town Planners
– Excellent speakers! Thank you for a great event. – GTS Architects
– How would you rate the event? 90%. – Ruben Reddy Architects
– Very well structured event. Quality speakers. – Vision Plan
– Talks were of a high standard. Speakers and presentations VERY good! – CS Architects
– Well organised. All speakers had interesting projects and topics they discussed, 90% rating. – Rykie Krumm
– Very well balanced and timed, excellent conference, 90% rating. – Axion Architects
– It wasn’t all about building products, but had diversity. Very good speakers and presentations. – Axion Architects
– Loved the range of topics and conference setup. – Matt Pretorius
– Enjoyed the speakers and quality of delivery. – City of Cape Town
– Good speaker line-up, relevant content. – Tsai Design Studio
– Great speakers. – JNC Consulting
– 100%!!!! – Procure
Some of the firms in attendance:
– Revel Fox.
– Tower Bridge Projects.
– 2AD Space Architects.
– Tsai Design Studio.
– Makeka Design Lab.
– Design Space Africa Architects.
– Roelof Rabe Architects.
– Axion Architects.
– A3D Architects.
– TV3 Architects and Town Planners.
– City of Cape Town.
– Ruben Reddy.
– CS Architects.
– BAM Architects.
– Peerutin Architects.
– And many more . . .
Speakers and topics:
• Lloyd Rubidge, VDMMA: “The Silo District at the V&A Waterfront – a sustainable urban precinct.”
• Y Tsai, Tsai Design Studio: “Innovative and socially responsible design – including Zip Zap Circus.”
• Jacques van Embden, Blok: “Real-life examples and practicalities surrounding the design, materiality and delivery of housing to middle-income earners.”
• Jozanne Louw, Roelof Rabe Architects: “Educational facilities in Cape Town.”
• Luyanda Mpahlwa, Design Space Africa Architects: “Affordable housing solutions: Cape Town – Visionary City from an African perspective.”
• Brad Baard, Afrika Burn and Cape Town Carnival: “Experiments in creativity and community.”
• Mokena Makeka, Makeka Design Lab: “Matching our heritage with future generations.”
Lucky draw winners
– Sandisiwe Thomas won a R5 000 designer wallpaper voucher from Dreamweaver Studios.
– Cheryl Ankrah-Newton won a private tour of the Silo Hotel with architect Lloyd Rubidge from VDMMA, followed by sparkling wine on the rooftop or Willaston Bar and a wine-pairing dinner created by the executive chef and sommelier.
See what you’ve missed! A selection of speaker presentations is available here: www.buildinganddecor.co.za/category/specifier-days/.
Join the next DAS Conference:
To be part of the next DAS Conference in Pretoria on 28 September, with the topic “Staying relevant as a future architect”, book now at http://bit.ly/PtaDAS.
For sponsorship opportunities, phone Marlene van Rooyen on 012 347 7530.