Top-Hat profiles are steel hat channel profiles, manufactured from galvanised steel for superior corrosion resistance. These cost-effective steel battens and purlins are compatible with timber and steel trusses for either tile or metal sheeting applications.
MiTek Top-Hat profiles can be used as a batten, purlin, tilting fillet, ceiling brandering, runner, web-cross brace or diagonal brace in both timber and steel roof structures. In addition to being easy to transport (due to its lightweight properties), MiTek Top-Hat profiles are packaged in bundles of ten, enabling space-saving storage and easy handling. Top-Hat profiles are always straight, ensuring a true and level roof.
There are 3 top-hat offerings:
1. 20mm – used as a ceiling brandering.
2. 25mm – used as a tile batten.
3. 40mm – used as a metal sheeting purlin.
7 reasons to choose MiTek Top-Hat profiles
1. Available in standard lengths or can be cut to length (dependent on quantity).
2. Can be used with both timber and steel roof trusses.
3. No treatment required (resistant to fungus and borer attacks).
4. Does not warp, so members are always straight and true.
5. Transport and storage space-saving, e.g. a bundle of 10 x 25mm MiTek Top-Hat profiles is the same size as one 38 x 38mm timber batten.
6. Simplified and faster fixing to roof trusses, as no purlin clips are used, and requires no slitting of under-sheeting membrane.
7. MiTek Top-Hat profiles can be used as a batten, purlin, tilting fillet, ceiling brandering, runner, web-cross brace or diagonal brace in both timber and steel roof structures.
More about Mitek
MiTek is a diversified global supplier of building products, collaborative software, engineering services and manufacturing equipment to the residential, commercial and industrial construction sectors. MiTek Industries’ passion for its associates’ well-being and its customers’ success is the company’s hallmark.
Founded in 1955 and a Berkshire Hathaway company since 2001, MiTek has operations in more than 40 countries on six continents. MiTek supplies the building industry with a wide range of timber connectors for both roof truss manufacturers and hardware merchants.
To find out more about these unique product offerings, contact MiTek today.
MiTek Industries South Africa
Tel: 011 237 8700
Main image: These cost-effective steel battens and purlins are compatible with timber and steel trusses for either tile or metal sheeting applications.
For more technical articles, sign up for our newsletter: http://www.buildinganddecor.co.za/register/.
Subscribe to our free magazine on www.freemagazines.co.za.
Or join other discussions on http://www.facebook.com/buildinganddecor, http://www.twitter.com/buildingdecor, https://www.instagram.com/buildinganddecor/ and https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/10172797/.