SANS 10400-XA building regulations stipulate that proper insulation is a legal requirement for any new structure. Summit XPS is part of Swartland’s Summit range of insulation and decorative products, and its commitment to 100% local, green products.
Why choose Summit XPS Insulation Board?
Summit XPS Insulation Board is energy-efficient, durable, environmentally friendly, and resistant to dampness and the spread of fire. It is attractive, easily installed, legally compliant and locally produced.
Daneel Pretorius, category manager of Swartland’s Summit range, says extruded polystyrene (XPS) foamboard creates a single layer of thermal and moisture protection on walls, roofs and floors, which is greatly boosting buildings’ overall energy efficiency. “XPS’s production process results in a closed-cell structure with excellent long-term strength and durability, making it suitable for a wide gamut of commercial, residential, agricultural and industrial thermal insulation applications.”
Benefits of Summit XPS Insulation Board include:
- Lower heating and cooling costs: The insulation helps regulate a building’s interior.
- Environmentally friendly: It is a green material, making buildings more energy-efficient without harmful waste, 100% recyclable and reduces its carbon footprint.
- Versatility: Applications include nail-up ceiling and insulation, ceilinged insulation between trusses for an exposed-truss look, over-rafter insulation, over-purlin insulation, cavity- and perimeter-wall insulation and under-floor insulation.
- Easy installation and seals tight.
- Endurance: Its closed-cell structure boosts strength and ensures a longer lifespan. This saves on heating and cooling costs.
- No flame-spread hazard: Summit XPS Insulation Board’s B/B1/2/H&V classification means that it poses no flame-spread hazard.
- Better indoor air quality: Better insulation means improved indoor quality, as it keeps allergens and environmental pollutants out of the air circulating in your space.
- It acts as a barrier against moisture, preventing mildew and mould.
Insulation to reduce energy consumption
Pretorius says: “Insulation is the easiest, most economical way to reduce energy consumption for heating and cooling a new or existing building. The Summit XPS Insulation Board offers the best-in-market performance and national after-sales service from Swartland.”
Be in the know! Don’t get left behind!
Subscribe to our free magazine on http://tiny.cc/fwsubs
Sign up for our newsletter: https://www.buildinganddecor.co.za/ or join other discussions like these on http://www.facebook.com/buildinganddecor, http://www.twitter.com/buildingdecor and https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/10172797/