An array of industry solution products was showcased at an annual Expo which provides a platform for insights on everything in the concrete & construction industry.
After the successful launch of its global *Master Builders Solutions brand in South Africa at the 2014 Totally Concrete Expo, BASF once again demonstrated its latest innovative products at the 2015 event held at the Sandton Convention Centre from 13 to 14 May.
The Totally Concrete Expo is an educational and networking platform for insights on the latest developments and technologies associated with the concrete and construction industry aimed at readymix and precast concrete producers, specifiers, specialist contractors, engineers and architects.
The portfolio of products and services marketed under the Master Builders Solutions brand embraces chemical solutions for new construction, maintenance, repair and renovation of buildings as well as infrastructure through concrete admixtures, cement additives, solutions for mining and tunnelling, waterproofing, sealants, concrete repair and protection, performance grouts, and high-performance flooring products.
According to Morgan Govender, Managing Director of BASF South Africa’s Construction Chemicals Division, the Master Builders Solutions brand strengthens BASF’s industry orientation. “It stands for BASF’s commitment to provide the whole construction industry with tailored products and solutions allowing us to concentrate our ability to collaborate across technologies and functions on a global scale,” he says. “That way, we create solutions geared to meet the individual construction challenges of our customers and meet our corporate purpose of making our customers more successful.”
The Totally Concrete 2015 Expo saw BASF showcasing a variety of its products during an interactive demonstration. The focus was on industry challenges and BASF’s range of solution products including:
• *MasterRoc MP 364 Flex: a two-component, solvent-free, polyurea silicate injection resin specifically designed for rapid ground consolidation.
• *MasterRoc MP 367 Foam: a two-component, solvent-free, polyurea silicate foam specifically designed for rapid cavity filling and ground consolidation.
• *MasterEmaco S 5410 CI: a single-component, extra-high-strength, high-modulus, shrinkage-compensated structural repair mortar that meets the requirements of the new European Norm EN 1504 – 3 class R4.
• *MasterSeal 588: for waterproofing of water-retaining structures that may be subject to movement, and to protect concrete from water.
• *MasterTop 1210: a multi-component, solvent-free epoxy floor coating system designed to offer continuous seamless floor protection.
• *MasterFlow 519: a ready-to-use product in powder form, which requires only the onsite addition of water to produce a shrinkage-compensated grout of consistent performance.
According to Joan-Maria Garcia-Girona, Vice-President and Head of the BASF Business Center in South Africa and Sub-Sahara, the Totally Concrete Expo provides the ideal opportunity to showcase BASF’s innovative solutions that it has developed over years of intense collaboration between researchers and industry partners. “We create chemistry for a sustainable future’ is our core purpose and underpins BASF’s commitment to creating collaborative partnerships with all industry role players in order that we can strive to make our customers more successful,” he concludes.
*Master Builders Solutions, MasterRoc, MasterEmaco, MasterSeal, MasterTop and MasterFlow are Registered Trademarks.