FloorworX is currently running a warehouse clearance sale on all Suntups Super-Engineered Grand Plank pre-oiled stock in order to make space for new colour ranges. This is a 21mm thick, 190mm x 1830mm super-engineered pre-oiled plank with a 6.00mm solid wear layer.
For more information on this never-to-be-missed deal, contact Sakkie Pretorius on Tel: 0861 833 338 or E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and quote GRANDHOME if you’re a member of the public (price: R720-00 or Antique R770-00 – this includes a saving of R500/m²) and GRANDSPEC if you’re a Specifier.
The eco-conscious choice
New technology in the production of many materials is changing the way homeowners and business owners think about flooring materials in their space. If you or your client is concerned about the environment and forest sustainability, then engineered wood such as this range is a more eco-conscious choice.
Whether your client is interested in classic or contemporary aesthetics, there will be a Suntups Grand Plank hardwood floor that best suits your project.
More stability and humidity failure guarantees
There are a number of advantages in choosing engineered hardwood flooring, especially when considering the warm South African summers. Engineered hardwood floors are resistant to changes in temperatures and humidity, which makes them a better choice for humid interiors than solid hardwood. Engineered boards do not expand and contract so they offer more stability, which means less open joints or cupping because of seasonal movement. Suntups Grand Plank is dimensionally stable and all installations carry a five year humidity failure guarantee.
The Suntups Grand Plank requires no click system. It is for this reason that FloorworX recommends floor be installed using the Elastilon system. Elastilon is a permanently elastic, soft underlay for hardwood floors with excellent thermal and acoustic characteristics. It is capable of turning a concrete slab into a hardwood floor in no time at all, being 50% to 70% faster than traditional methods.
What are the disadvantages of engineered hardwood?
The disadvantage of engineered hardwood is that it can only be lightly sanded to remove fine surface scratches. All hardwood floors, regardless of how the floor has been finished, require preventive maintenance in order to maintain the beauty of the floor.
Here are guidelines for maintaining your Suntups Grand Plank wood floors:
1. Sweep or vacuum wood floors regularly.
2. Place walk-off mats at all exterior entrances.
3. Floor protector pads of soft felt or similar material should be placed on the bottom of the legs of furniture. Floor protectors must be kept clean of grit and periodically replaced.
4. Remember, cleats and sports shoes can dent any floor surface. Also, keep high heels in good repair. An unprotected tip will also dent the hardwood floor.
5. Seeing as Suntups Grand Plank is a pre-oiled plank, only maintenance cleaners designed for use with oiled floors should be used. FloorworX recommends Bona maintenance products.
6. Never use ceramic floor care products on wood floors.
7. Never wet a wood floor with water and a spaghetti mop.
8. When moving heavy furniture, protect wood flooring by slipping a piece of cloth or carton under the legs before you pull or push them across your wooden floor.
With proper maintenance, the beauty of your Suntups Grand Plank floor will last a lifetime.
For more information, contact FloorworX on Tel: +27 (11) 406 4024 or via www.floorworx.co.za
Be in the know! Don’t get left behind!
Subscribe to our free magazine on http://tiny.cc/floorsfreemag
Sign up for our newsletter: http://www.buildinganddecor.co.za/register/ or join other discussions like these on http://www.facebook.com/buildinganddecor, http://www.twitter.com/buildingdecor and https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/10172797/