Garage doors are one of the most prominent features of a home’s facade, and as such their make-up and design have become increasingly important.
John Lamb, Category Manger for Hydro, from leading garage door manufacturer, Swartland, says: “Gone are the days when garage doors were a purely utilitarian element of entryways. Today’s doors offer a host of other attributes beyond security and storage.”
The latest trends shaping today’s modern garage doors include:
• Modern materials – lightweight and more cost-effective aluminium, fibreglass and vinyl are becoming increasing popular.
• A wide choice of colours that add character and curb appeal.
• Energy efficiency and insulation – such as garage doors with a foam-filled backing.
• Durability and sustainability credentials.
• Advances in safety and security –Digi-One, which comes standard with two Digi-E-key transmitters, as well as electronic obstacle sensing and optional battery back-up, which allows for trouble-free operation during power failures, is the latest edition to Swartland’s security innovation.
Swartland is the only end-to-end garage door manufacturer in South Africa with a national footprint, specialising in doors, automation and spares to suit. “This means Swartland can offer a full range of high-quality products. Through our SBS branches nationwide, we can support these sales with a comprehensive after-sales service and spares promise,” comments Lamb.
He also notes that both the Hydro garage doors and Digi Automation ranges are suitable for commercial and industrial installation – from factories and fire stations to luxury apartments and large-scale developments.
Safety and durability
Consumers are increasingly focusing as much on a garage door’s exterior aesthetic as on the quality of the hardware and inner workings, which should be packed with under-the-skin strength, safety and security features.
Lamb concludes: “Hydro garage doors are not just visually pleasing and exceptionally secure. They also offer top-end inner workings, such as double-throw locks and long-life counterbalance springs for best-in-market quality and durability.
“The longevity of a garage door not only guarantees that you get more bang for your buck, but also lowers the overall carbon footprint of the product, making it better for the environment.”
Knowledge is power! Sign up for our newsletter: https://www.buildinganddecor.co.za/
Subscribe to our free magazine on https://www.freemagazines.co.za/ or join other discussions on http://www.facebook.com/buildinganddecor, http://www.twitter.com/buildingdecor and https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/10172797/