Kruisfontein Waste Water Treatment Works
- Humansdorp, Eastern Cape
- GENERAL CONSTRUCTION: dura.®joint External E PVC & dura.®joint SW-R waterstops
SIZE OF PROJECT:
- 500 m dura.®joint Ext E 200 mm
- 150 m dura.®joint SW-R
NATURE OF PROJECT:
- Upgrading of Kruisfontein Waste Water Treatment Works. dura.®joint SW-R (swellable waterstop rubber) is a Hydrophilic Butyl rubber waterstop manufactured into high performance synthetic elastomer strips. Ideal for sealing of prefabricated concrete element e.g. joints in tunnels and shafts and may also be used for “open joints”. dura.®joint SW-R are made from new generation expanding rubber sealing material that can handle expansion up to 400% and is stable during the swelling process. dura.®joint External E PVC are placed on blinding layers prior to casting footing.
OTHER PRODUCTS USED/SPECIFIED:
- dura.®rep FR – Polymer modified, fibre-reinforced structual repair mortar.
- flexothane G – Polyurethane joint sealant around 40 mm x 20 mm.
- dura.®joint flexband system – bandage wrapped around joints to prevent ingress of water.
- Uhambiso Consulting Engineers
- Trevroveer (main contractor)
- LRC Civils (sub-sontractor)
PROJECT START & END DATES:
- May 2016 – June 2017
a.b.e.® EMPLOYEE INVOLVED:
- Dean Botha