The American Architecture Prize recently announced the winners of its Firm of the Year Award 2017. Applications from over 40 countries were received and the AAP’s jury recognised the work of over 20 visionary companies in the architecture, landscape architecture and interior design sectors.
“We are thrilled to have received so many great submissions in the first year of the Firm of the Year Award – from small and large firms too. Recognising the unique qualities of these firms allows us to celebrate their success and to promote their work to the public,” said AAP President Hossein Farmani.
AAP’s goal is to celebrate excellence, creativity and innovation. It is a global platform that honours the greatest achievements of architecture firms and this year’s jury comprised 32 architecture experts and professionals. The following main category winners were recognised for their accomplishments and vision:
Main category winners
• Allford Hall Monaghan Morris from London, United Kingdom – Architectural Firm of The Year
• PFS Studio from Vancouver, Canada – Landscape & Urban Design Firm of the Year
• Kossmann.dejong from Amsterdam, The Netherlands – Interior Design Firm of The Year
Sub category winners include
• Desai Chia Architecture from New York, United States – Small Firm of the Year Award in Multi-Disciplinary Architecture
• Rob Mills Architecture & Interiors from Melbourne, Australia – Medium Firm of the Year Award in Residential Interior Design
• Belzberg Architects from Santa Monica, United States – Medium Firm of the Year Award in Residential Architecture
• Chang Architects from Singapore – Small Firm of the Year Award in Residential Architecture
• JGMA from Chicago, USA – Medium Firm of the Year Award in Institutional Architecture
• Studio Gang from Chicago, United States – shortlisted in Multi-Disciplinary Architecture
• Studio Munge from Toronto, United States – shortlisted in Multi-Disciplinary Interior Design
• Destilat from Vienna, Austria – shortlisted in Commercial and Industrial Interior Design
• Gus Wüstemann Architects from Zürich, Switzerland – shortlisted in Residential Architecture
Applications for the AAP Design of the Year Prize, where individual projects are evaluated and recognised by the jury, close on 31 August 2017. Winners of the 2017 Firm of the Year Award have been invited to the Winners Event, which will take place in New York City in October.
For more information, visit www.architectureprize.com. Full thanks and acknowledgement are given to www.v2com-newswire.com for the information contained in this article.